Online innovator Envato is the 2016 Australian Exporter of the Year after taking the top prize at the 54th Australian Export Awards.
Envato won the coveted award at a gala ceremony celebrating the achievements of Australia’s most successful and entrepreneurial companies in Brisbane last night.
Envato was selected from the 12 national category winners announced at the ceremony. It also won the Digital Technologies Award for its innovative, themed online marketplaces, which have attracted more than seven million customers worldwide.
Founded in 2006, Envato has been exporting from the outset and last year earned 97 per cent of its revenue offshore. Its success has seen the company expand its workforce by 40 per cent in the last two years to 250 staff.
Also last night, Advanced manufacturer ANCA, the 2015 Australian Exporter of the Year, became only the 11th company to be inducted into the Export Awards Hall of Fame, having won its category three times.
And Trade Minister Steven Ciobo presented the inaugural Investment Award to Boeing Australia.
Boeing has been in Australia for almost 90 years and has invested more than $1 billion in its Australian operations over the years. It now employs more than 3,000 people in 27 locations around Australia and is a strong supporter of Australian suppliers looking to expand into global supply chains.
The Minister’s Investment Award highlights the substantial and enduring contribution of foreign investment to the Australian economy.
Last year, the 81 export award finalists employed more than 34,500 people overall and generated $12.3 billion in export earnings.
Changing global environment
“These accomplishments are testament to the high calibre of Australian exporters and their ability to adapt and thrive in a changing global environment,” Mr Ciobo said.
“I heartily congratulate all finalists and winners at the 54th Export Awards and look forward to their continued success in taking Aussie innovation to the world,”
The Australian Export Awards are co-presented by Austrade, the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI) and CPA Australia.
Now in its 54th year, the Australian Export Awards are one of country’s most prestigious and longest-running business awards.
The Winner’s List
- Agribusiness Award - Australian Honey Products Pty Ltd (TAS)
- Business Services Award - Incat Crowther (NSW)
- Creative Industries Award - Cutting Edge (QLD)
- Digital Technologies Award - Envato (VIC)
- e-Commerce Award – Freelancer.com (NSW)
- Education and Training Award - iSimulate (ACT)
- Environmental Solutions Award - Sentek Technologies (SA)
- Health and Biotechnology Award - Ego Pharmaceuticals (VIC)
- Manufacturing Award - Aim Lab Automation Technologies (QLD)
- Minerals, Energy and Related Services Award - Gekko Systems (VIC)
- Regional Exporter Award - Almondco Australia Ltd (SA)
- Small Business Award - Typefi Systems (QLD)
Further information: www.exportawards.gov.au