A new website has been launched for Australian exporters to help simplify the use of the 10 Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) signed between Australia and other nations.
The new "FTA Tool" (www.ftatool.com.au) was developed by the Export Council of Australia (ECA), with partners ANZ and content providers Hunt & Hunt Lawyers.
It is designed to help Australian exporters navigate the basics of Australia’s FTAs quickly and easily.
It also provides valuable information on:
- Doing international business
- Links to a range of resources
- Handy video tutorials on a variety of topics, including the Harmonised Code system and applying for certificates of origin.
The ECA says making FTAs accessible to all business, irrespective of size, is a step in the right direction.
While not intended to be a definitive guide, the FTA Tool website provides easy to understand information on the tariffs and non-tariff benefits that apply to a range of goods and services across most industry sectors, focusing on Australia’s primary exports to particular markets.
The FTA Tool allows you to:
- Search by FTA for information
- Search by country for information
- Search by industry for specific information
- Find information that is relevant to services exports
- Get information on the indirect benefits that FTA’s provide
- Get top tips on doing business in each country
The FTA Tool site goes some way towards simplifying FTAs for SMEs and will complement the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade’s proposed online FTA Dashboard, to be rolled out later this year.
ANZ Managing Director of Corporate and Commercial Banking Mark Hand said: "Australia’s FTAs provide enormous opportunities not only for our exporters, but also industries requiring international investment. Together with our recently launched $3 billion Trade Lending Pledge and presence in 34 markets, ANZ is committed to supporting businesses realise the potential benefits offered by these agreements."
Now live at www.ftatool.com.au, the FTA Tool website promises to be a valuable resource for Australia’s exporters.
For information on the FTA Tool, contact:
Collins Rex at email@example.com
Ph: 0410 44 7782