Australia has one of the strongest nation brands in the world.
Having products recognised as “Australian” in the marketplace generally provides a commercial advantage to Australia’s exporters.
Indeed, for many businesses, the “Australian” brand is the strongest available to them in export markets. The green-and-gold Australian Made, Australian Grown (AMAG) logo readily establishes this connection.
The AMAG logo is Australia’s registered country-of-origin certification trademark for genuine Australian products and produce. It is also a registered certification trademark in China, South Korea and the US, with registration pending in Singapore.
Introduced by the federal government in 1986, it is now promoted and administered by the not-for-profit Australian Made Campaign Ltd.
The logo is used by some 1800 companies on more than 10,000 products throughout Australia and around the world.
More than 40 percent of the 1800 companies licensed to use the logo are exporters.
Research has shown that Australian products carrying the logo in export markets are more likely to increase sales than Australian products not carrying the logo*.
How to qualify
- Australian Made: The product has been made in Australia and over 50 percent of the cost of production cost has been incurred in Australia.
- Australian Grown: All significant ingredients are grown in Australia and almost all processing carried out in Australia.
- Product of Australia: All of the product’s significant ingredients come from Australia and almost all of the manufacturing/processing has been carried out in Australia.
- Australian Seafood: All significant ingredients are grown/harvested in Australia and almost all processing carried out in Australia.
- Australian: Can only be used in export markets. The product must satisfy the criteria for at least one of the four preceding claims, and not be misleading.
What does it cost?
The AMAG logo is available to businesses of all sizes. Fees are based on the aggregate sales of nominated products, the minimum being $300 a year and the maximum being $25,000 a year (for sales above $45 million), +GST.
To find out how the Australian Made, Australian Grown logo can help your business, or to apply online, visit: www.australianmade.com.au or call 1800 350 520.
*Survey of exporters conducted by YSC Online in 2010
- Recognised and trusted
- Certified and enforced
- Global reach