Four senior business leaders were re-elected to The Australian Made Campaign Board of Directors at its annual general meeting this week.
Kate Carnell, Chief Executive of the Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI) network, was confirmed as a Director after filling the causal vacancy created by the resignation of former ACCI Chief Executive, Peter Anderson.
David Gray, Managing Director of David Gray & Co. Pty Ltd, Neil Summerson, Company Director and former Chairman of Bank of Queensland and Robert Hutchison, State Manager of ParexDavco Australia were also re-elected.
The Australian Made Campaign is the not-for-profit organisation that administers and promotes Australia’s registered country-of-origin certification trademark.
The Australian Made Campaign’s national Board comprises 10 directors, elected by the organisation’s 11 members – the ACCI and its network of State and Territory Chambers, and the National Farmers’ Federation.
2015 Board members:
- Glenn Cooper AM (Chairman), Chairman, Coopers Brewery Ltd (Adelaide)
- Allyn Beard (Deputy Chairman), Company Director, A.H. Beard Pty Ltd (Sydney)
- Neil Summerson FCA (Treasurer), Company Director and former Chairman, Bank of Queensland (Brisbane)
- Nicki Anderson, MD, Demo Plus (Melbourne)
- Kate Carnell AO, CEO, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (Canberra)
- Alf Cristaudo, Former Chairman, Canegrowers Australia (Townsville)
- David Gray AM, MD, David Gray & Co. Pty Ltd (Perth)
- Robert Gerard AO, Executive Chairman, Gerard Corporation Pty Ltd (Adelaide)
- Robert Hutchinson, State Manager, ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd (Brisbane)
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan Research (Melbourne)
No changes to the organisation’s constitution were made at the AGM.
More than 2000 businesses currently use the Australian Made symbol on about 15,000 products sold around the world to clearly identify their products and produce are genuinely Australian.