Glenn Cooper, the executive chairman of Coopers Brewery has been appointed as the new chairman of the Australian Made Campaign.
Mr Cooper replaces Mr David Gray who has served four years as AMAG chairman.
The Australian Made Campaign is the not-for-profit organisation that administers the famous green-and-gold Australian Made, Australian Grown (AMAG) logo.
The organisation is directed by a national board consisting of 10 directors who in turn are elected by the Australian Business community from the Australian Chamber of Commerce Network and the National Farmers’ Federation.
Allyn Beard, Marketing Director of Sydney based mattress manufacturer A.H. Beard, was elected as Deputy Chairman, and Neil Summerson, who recently completed a five year term as Chairman of the Bank of Queensland, was re-elected as treasurer.
“Australian Made welcomes Mr Cooper to the position and we look forward to his leadership in directing this very important campaign to help businesses promote their genuine Aussie products both locally and internationally,” said Australian Made Campaign’s Chief Executive, Ian Harrison.
Mr Cooper has served on the Australian Made Campaign Board of Directors for seven years and has a wealth of experience in a range of positions.
He is a former Chairman of the Adelaide Fringe and Adelaide Convention and Tourism Authority, as well as a former member of the Australian Logistics Council.
Australian Made logo a valuable tool
“I am very passionate about local manufacturing and look forward to working with my Board colleagues and the team at AMCL over the next few years to lift the profile of this important campaign even further, Mr Cooper said following his election.
“The famous Aussie Made logo is a very valuable tool for Australian consumers and businesses – our job is to spread that message.”
Mr Cooper said the Campaign owed an enormous debt of gratitude to previous chairman David Gray for his four years as chairman and even longer term as deputy.
“It is not easy being chair of a national board out of Perth, where travel alone takes up so much time, but David did this with boundless commitment and enthusiasm, Mr Cooper said.
“He was a great Chairman and ambassador for the Australian Made logo and therefore all the products carrying it,” Mr Cooper said.
The AMAG Board now comprises:
- Glenn Cooper AM (Chairman), Executive Chairman, Coopers Brewery Ltd (Adelaide)
- Allyn Beard (Deputy Chairman), MD, A.H. Beard Pty Ltd (Sydney)
- Neil Summerson FCA (Treasurer), Director and Former Chairman, Bank of Queensland (Brisbane)
- Peter Anderson, CEO, Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI) (Canberra)
- Nicki Anderson, MD, Demo Plus (Melbourne)
- Alf Cristaudo, Former Chairman of Canegrowers Australia (Townsville)
- Robert Gerard AO, Executive Chairman, Gerard Corporation Pty Ltd (Adelaide)
- David Gray AM (Chairman), MD, David Gray & Co. Pty Ltd (Perth)
- Robert Hutchinson, State Manager, QLD, ParexDavco (Australia) Pty Ltd (Brisbane)
- Michele Levine, CEO, Roy Morgan Research (Melbourne)