South Australian businesses looking to move into export can take advantage of $1 million in assistance grants from the State Government. The Gateway Business Program offers eligible firms up to 50 percent off export-related expenditure up to the value of $20,000 per year. Activities eligible for the Gateway Business Program include:
- Researching feasible overseas markets
- Developing marketing material for distribution overseas
- Participating in international trade shows and trade missions
- Adapting websites for specific international markets
- Undergoing export specific mentoring
- Supporting incoming buyers
To be eligible, a business must have been operating for at least two years and turn over more than $100,000 per year. The Minister for Industry and Trade Tom Koutsantonis has encouraged South Australian businesses to expand their markets by exploring prospects overseas. See www.southaustralia.biz/gateway for more information.