The Australian Institute of Export would like to extend an invitation for you to join us on Thursday 23 February from 5.30pm for our Trading in RMB Seminar. The Chinese Renminbi (RMB) is poised to become a major world currency as it accompanies the continued emergence of China as a global economic powerhouse. Should you consider trading with your Chinese partners in RMB?
The use of RMB for trade settlement will make Chinese exporters/importers more competitive by lowering their costs and exchange rate risks, with the export recovery in China likely to be quicker and stronger than in many other countries in the coming years. With specialist speakers from HSBC Bank Australia Ltd, importers and exporters can find out more about the development of the Renminbi and the opportunities available to your business by learning how to trade in RMB.
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Outline of the opportunities for importers and exporters to trade in RMB
- Potentially improve your bottom line by reducing costs through trading in RMB
- Learn about how you can issue Letters of Credit in RMB
- Learn about how to finance your imports and exports in RMB
- Practicalities of dealing in RMB
Benefits for importers:
- Ken Tay - Head of China Desk, HSBC Bank Australia Limited
- Neil Cambourne - Director & Co Head Corporate Sales Global Banking & Markets, HSBC Bank Australia Limited
Benefits for exporters:
- Opportunity to obtain better pricing from mainland suppliers
- Access a wider export base who might otherwise have limited access to foreign currency and adverse to FX risks
- Secure/maintain supplier relationship
Date: Thursday 23rd February 2012
- Potential RMB appreciation
- Access a wide import base who might otherwise have limited access to foreign currency and adverse to FX risks
- Secure/ maintain buyer relationship
5.30pm-7.15pm including networking drinks
HSBC Bank Australia Limited, HSBC Centre, Level 32, 580 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000
The event is FREE but spaces are strictly limited and will be available only for import and export companies on a first to reply basis.
Please confirm your attendance by e-mailing Lisa McAuley at firstname.lastname@example.org
including your company name, industry and whether you are an importer/exporter.
REGISTER EARLY AS SPACES ARE LIMITED!