Business travel up with high Aussie dollar
An FCm Travel Solutions poll has revealed that business travellers are more likely to go overseas when the Australian dollar is strong, confirming that currency movements do have an effect on travel plans.
“The strength of the Aussie dollar against the greenback or British pound means corporate travellers don’t have to exchange nearly as many Aussie dollars for spending when they arrive. This makes overseas travel much more appealing financially,” said FCm national marketing manager Chris Preston.
The travel management consultancy polled travellers when the Australian dollar passed US90c, with 56 percent indicating that they were more likely to head overseas on business when the dollar was in a strong position. The other 44 percent said they would travel overseas regardless of the health of the Aussie dollar.
The poll results match an expected rise in overseas business travel for this year, following the strengthening Australian dollar.
“When combined with the great value business class fares currently available, the favourable exchange rate means businesses can stretch their travel budgets further and get more value for money out of their travel,” said Preston.
- High Australian dollar a worry for exporters
- Business travel increases, low fares to end
- DFAT warns against travel to Indonesia
- Airlines await swine flu travel advice
- Small business hit: superannuation co-contribution dropped in Federal Budget