Schubros Brewery, a small craft brewery based in San Francisco, California has won the 2017 Emerging Global Entrepreneur award, conducted by Dearin & Associates.
Schubros has big plans to expand into South East Asia by building breweries in China, India, Vietnam and Japan, to capitalise on the huge demand for craft beer from the rising middle class.
The company has been awarded a full scholarship to the International Business Accelerator program, conducted by Cynthia Dearin and her team.
The 12-month program is designed to help companies speed-up and “de-risk” the international expansion process so that they can get their products and services to the world.
The winner was selected by a panel of fellow entrepreneurs including Paul Slezak from RecruitLoop and Angela Vithoulkas from Eagle Waves Radio, along with Cynthia Dearin and Dan Price from Dearin & Associates.
Schubros Brewery is currently running an equity crowdfunding campaign to fund their international expansion.
Ms Dearin also announced the winners of the Rising Star scholarship.
- Silver & Wise (Helping mature age businessmen and women)
- Solutions4Strategy (A leading RegTech company)
- HZH International Brand Consulting (Helping businesses enter new markets)
- Underground Spirits (A boutique distillery)
- Hungry Bags (Travel tech & holiday sales company)
- Prophit Systems (Supply Chain software solutions)
- ALSOF Publishing (Inbound marketing agency)
- Bayyanat Smart Solutions (Corporate consultants)
- espressoDeck (Australian made & designed coffee machines)
- Jovew By Makisa (Handbag designers)
- Portrait Store (Corporate photographers)
- Minitrics (Video analytics)
- The Australian Super Food Co. (Native Australian healthfoods)
- Tamboly Photodesign (Portrait photographers)
- Steber International (Australian manufacturer of commercial boats)
- NC Brokerage Services (Customs brokers & freight services)
- The Copy Collective (Australian & NZ copywriters)
- Diaspora International (FinTech startup)
Ms Dearin congratulated Schubros Brewery and the Rising Star scholarship winners.
“These companies impressed us with their ambitious plans to expand internationally and their passion to make a global impact,” she said.